Sweet potato is renowned for its health benefits. It contains a high amount of fiber, and is rich in Vitamins such as A, B6 and C. In this recipe, I have baked the sweet potato in coconut oil which also has a multitude of health benefits including hair care, skin care, and is said to aid weight loss through its unique combination of fatty acids. So, not only is this recipe simple and tasty, but super good for you too!
Prep Time: 5-10 mins | Cooking Time: 50 mins | Serves: 2
2 large Sweet Potato
1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
Pinch of Salt
A few grinds of black pepper
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 180°.
- Put the coconut oil on a baking tray and place in the oven to heat and melt whilst you prepare the potato.
- On a chopping board, peel and cut your sweet potatoes into wedges length ways using a sharp knife.
- Place the potato on the baking tray ensuring you cover them in the oil as you go.
- Sprinkle them with a little chilli flakes, some black pepper, a pinch of salt, mixed herbs, and mixed seeds. Before putting them back in the oven ensure all wedges positioned on their curved side as this will help them cook better (see pictures)
- Place them in the oven to cook for approximately 50 minutes until golden and crispy. Sweet potato is a lot softer than normal white potato which is why they take a little longer to crisp. If you’re using white potato, they take around 40 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!