If you’re wanting to explore a low-carbohydrate diet, begin by experimenting with zucchini/courgetti – a spaghetti substitute. Last week, I got back from the gym and just wanted something light, easy to make, high in protein but still really tasty and I ended up with this! The hungry mouths in the house went back for seconds so I take it it was good.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15-20 mins | Serves: 2-4
The ingredients make enough for 2 servings if you’re having it alone, or enough for 4 servings as part of a tapas-style dinner feast
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Bird eye red chilli
200g Quorn Chicken pieces
2 Vine Tomatoes, chopped
A small bunch of fresh Basil leaves
1/2 a Kako organic vegetable stock cube
200 ml boiling water
3 large carrots, sprialized
2 courgettes, spiralized
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Using either a wok or large pan, lightly fry your garlic and chilli in the olive oil on a medium-high heat.
- Shortly after, add the Quorn chicken pieces and sprinkle over a couple pinches of salt and a little black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a splash of water to help steam-fry the Quorn a little further.
- Stir in your freshly chopped tomatoes and basil; then lower the heat slightly.
- Then in a measuring jug, dissolve your vegetable stock in 200ml of boiling water and stir this into the pan.
- Add your cumin and lemon juice and leave to cook for a couple a minutes whilst the flavours release.
- Mix in your spiralized carrot and courgette and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Once your courgette and carrot have softened, use large serving tongs to divide among your bowls. If you’re using this recipe as part of a dinner feast, serve it on a large dish for guests to help themselves.
- Serve & Enjoy!