Simple, tasty, and veggie-friendly! The mix of flavours here are inspired by my few visits to Nandos restaurant as a meat-eater before I became a Pescatarian. They have this really yummy lemon & herb seasoning which I wanted to re-create with Quorn chicken pieces – delicious!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Serves:2
1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil
200g Quorn chicken pieces
1 crushed garlic clove
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of piri piri spice
1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs
a few grinds of black pepper
1 teaspoon of water
A few sprigs of fresh coriander
A handful of salad leaves – spinach, watercress, and rocket
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Add the oil to a pan using a medium-high heat.
- Begin to cook the garlic, ensuring you turn the heat down slightly and mix in the Quorn chicken pieces, stirring occasionally.
- After a few minutes of cooking, mix in your spices and seasoning – chilli, paprika, piri piri, herbs, and black pepper. Leave it to cook for another few minutes.
- Add the water for a bit of moisture which will also help swelter the salad leaves and coriander you now should add.
- Once the leaves have sweltered in the heat, mix in the lemon juice and leave to cook for another good few minutes so the flavours mature.
- Serve hot with pasta dishes and salads, or use cold as a sandwich filler. Enjoy!