I thought I’d be creative and jazz up cheese on toast by treating it like a mini pizza, using Mozzarella instead of the usual Cheddar! It was yummy…
Prep Time: 5mins | Cooking Time: 3mins | Serves: 1
2 slices of wholemeal bread lightly toasted
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1/2 a ball of Mozzarella
4 cherry tomatoes sliced
4 pitted green olives halved
A few sprigs of Lambs lettuce
A pinch of chilli flakes (if a little spice is desired)
- Toast your bread for a minute or two.
- Spread the tomato puree fairly over each slice.
- Tear your mozzarella and evenly distribute over the bread along with your cherry tomatoes, olives and lambs lettuce.
- Sprinkle with a little mixed herbs, black pepper and chilli flakes
- Put it all under the grill for 2-3 mins until the bread has goldened, the mozzarella has melted and cherry tomatoes are sizzling.
- Serve and enjoy!