I love a good omelette! This one is quick and easy, giving you a little protein boost at the start of the day, or even makes a simple and satisfying light lunch to keep you going!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Serves: 1
3 or 4 white mushrooms
1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil
A handful Rocket, Spinach and Watercress
1 juicy vine tomato chopped into wedges
A pinch of salt
A few grinds of black pepper
- Firstly, prepare your salad on your plate. Take a handful of rocket, spinach and watercress and place on the side of your plate and top with the tomato. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (if desired) or you could drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic.
- Next, slice your mushrooms thinly on a chopping board.
- Take a small (preferably non-stick) pan and heat your oil using a medium-high heat.
- Add your mushrooms and cook them for about 5 minutes on a slightly lower heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk your eggs up in a bowl.
- Once your mushrooms have turned golden and softened, fairly positioned them across the pan then add a little dash of oil along with your eggs.
- Lower the heat, and cook for about 3-4 minutes checking the under-side occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn.*
- Once the omelette has almost cooked through, you can fold it in half. Once its folded, you can flip the omelette onto the other side and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with your salad and enjoy!
*The use of a baking spatula will assist with this. Their flexible silicone material makes it easy to move the omelette without breaking it.